Effective Date: June 1, 2021
SERVICE ACCESS AND USE LICENSE
The Service You have accessed and all of its contents as a whole and in part are protected by copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name and other intellectual property, and are owned or controlled by ICAN Legislate, its affiliates and/or licensors. The Service is licensed to You, not sold. Except for the limited license granted herein, ICAN Legislate and its licensors retain all right, title and interest in the Service, including without limitation copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks and trade names.
- Limitations on Copying and Distribution. You may download or copy downloadable items displayed on the Service for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that You maintain and display all copyright, trademark and other notices contained therein. Should you wish to download or copy any items displayed on the Service for any reason other than personal, non-commercial use, you are required prior to such actions to contact ICAN Legislate and obtain its express written permission for the use you propose.
- Limitations on Reverse Engineering and Modification. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create works derivative of the Service or any materials accessed through the Service.
- Proprietary Notices. You may not remove any proprietary notices, including copyright and trademark notices, or labels from the Service on any materials accessed through the Service.
- Compliance with Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for ensuring Your use of the Service is in compliance with all applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By downloading, accessing, or using the Service in order to view information and materials of any kind, You represent that You: (i) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or between thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) years of age and using the Service with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by ICAN Legislate; and (iii) are not using another authorized user’s information in association with the Service without that person’s permission.
- anything that interferes with or disrupts the Service or its operation;
- Materials that are vulgar, obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable or offensive, defamatory, libelous, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, misleading, or false;
- unauthorized copyrighted materials, or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or personality, trade secrets, confidentiality, or privacy of others;
- Materials that encourage criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- Materials that harm minors;
- Materials that impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or that misrepresent Your affiliation with any entity; or
- files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or the Service.
- LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES. ICAN Legislate may link, in its sole discretion, to other services. ICAN Legislate is not responsible for these outside resources or their contents.
- LINKS TO THIS SERVICE. You are permitted to link to the Service if you do so in a way that indicates that the link is direct to an ICAN Legislate Service and is fair and not misleading. You may not integrate or make use of all or part of the Service in ways that would confuse or mislead visitors as to the nature and origin of the Service’s content.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE SERVICE AND ITS INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND USER CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ICAN LEGISLATE AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE. ICAN LEGISLATE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ICAN LEGISLATE IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS. CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE IS OR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, OR USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. NEVER DISREGARD OR AVOID PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ, HEARD OR SEEN ON THE SERVICE. ICAN LEGISLATE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT PRODUCT INFORMATION ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE OR COMPLETE, AS INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED BY PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, AND ON OCCASION MANUFACTURERS MAY MODIFY THEIR PRODUCTS AND UPDATE THEIR LABELS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SERVICE AND THAT YOU CONSULT THE PRODUCT’S LABEL OR CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC CONCERN OR QUESTION ABOUT A PRODUCT.
- INDEMNIFICATION. To the maximum extent permitted by law, You agree you will indemnify, defend and hold ICAN Legislate and its affiliates and its respective board members, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of Your use of the Service or Your violation of any of these Terms.